I’ve founded a few companies:
- Inner Product is a consultancy focused on Scala, primarily serving the US.
- Underscore is a consultancy focused on Scala, primarily serving the UK.
- Myna was an A/B testing SaaS. Our core innovation was using bandit algorithms to make more efficient use of data.
- Untyped is a consultancy founded by my friend Dave and I. Untyped doesn’t currently do much work directly, but it’s involved in other projects.
- Creative Scala
- An introduction to functional programming and generative art, aimed at people new to programming. Creative Scala is heavily inspired by HtDP, and like HtDP strives to present programming as a systematic process.
- Essential Scala
- An introduction to Scala for experienced developers, Essential Scala revolves around four core techniques in effective Scala programming: algebraic data types, structural recursion, sequencing computations, and type classes.
- Scala with Cats
- This book covers core functional programming abstractions such as monoids and monads, and shows how they can be used in the small and in the large.
- Tips for Teaching Scala, 2019
- Scala Days Laussane
- Differentiable Functional Programming, 2018
- Scala Days NYC, Scala Days Berlin, Scala eXchange
- Maths for Programming, Fun, and Creativity, 2017
- With Dave Gurnell, Lambda World Cadiz
Uniting Church and State: FP and OO Together, 2017
- Scala Days Copenhagen, Scala Days Chicago, Scala eXchange
- The Structure of Programming Language Revolutions, 2016
- Scala Days Berlin 2016, Scala Days NYC 2016
- To be continued…